Insider’s Guide to 2015 Trends: Hyper-Personalized Beauty
- Published: Wednesday, June 3rd 2015
- in Beauty
In today’s beauty world we are no longer consumers – we are creators. Take a look at the fastest growing trend in beauty… we have to warn you, things are about to get very personal.
“This color doesn’t just look good on me, this color was made for me.” This sentiment is the driving force driving Hyper-Personalized Beauty, the fastest-growing trend in beauty. In our next Insider’s Guide to the Spafinder Wellness 365™ 2015 Global Spa & Wellness Trends Forecast we’re going to take a deeper look at this very personal trend.
From makeup to skin care to fragrance, even to our spa experiences, each beauty product or service we’re consuming we want to have the ability to customize. Let’s face it, not all skin is equal, a fact that makes us unique an beautiful, a fact that also fuels the need for personal care products to be, well, personal.
- You can blend a custom lipstick shade at Bite Beauty’s Lip Lab in New York City. Each aspect of the process is personalized, from the finish to the colors to the scent to the shape of the tube!
- At Sephora, Color IQ helps you find the perfect shades for you using X-Rite technology, the same used at Home Depot to find your precise paint shades. A similar experience can be found at The Red Door spa, where a machine helps to determine the shade of foundation that would best compliment your skin tone and the product is blended based on your specifications.
- Take the color being made for you and go one step further – a color made by you. This process will soon become a reality with the onset of Mink, a personal 3D makeup printer. Love the lipstick you see in the main image? Print it!
- At the spa, enjoy spending time at blending bars where you can create a scent tailored specifically to the experience you want. Such experiences are found at Hawaii’s Laniwai and Sedona, Arizona’s L’Apothecary. In fact, personalization at the spa has gone so far as to include genetic analysis for aesthetic programs, such as the one at SHA Wellness Clinic in Alicante, Spain.
- Personalization with beauty calls for personalized attention and Skin Authority’s Skin Coach On Demand program answers that desire. You can instantly chat with a skin expert about your concerns and recommendations are made based on what you need. A similar in-person experience can be found at Clinique’s pop-up skin lab in London, where guests can enjoy an on-site skin consultation via interactive pod or skin coach.