NYFW Recap: Two Highlights From a Fashionable Week in NYC
Highlights for us definitely include the high-octane Athleta NYFW debut, where they Crushed the Runway with their Crush of Adrenaline show! The brand married fitness and fashion by channeling strong, sporty women on the runway. No stick figures here, athletic, in-shape women of all sizes ran, posed yoga-style, and danced while modeling the Spring 2015 looks. Makeup artist Talia Shobrook added some feminine fierceness to the edgy performance with a look she calls “Flawless Fun,” complementing a flawless healthy complexion (one you’d associate with a woman who breaks a sweat on the regular) with a bold pop of color. You can get the look at home with Temptu, airbrush makeup:
Apply Base & Matte Primer to the surface of the skin blending outward.
- Apply AIRpod Foundation in your perfect shade. Talia used two light layers to achieve the flawless complexion with a vibrant, dewy finish.
- Using AIRpod Highlighter in Champagne, apply in a circular motion around the “C” contour of the eye area, sweeping up the hairline towards the temple. Also apply to the inner corner of the eye for a pop of brightness.
- Apply AIRpod Blush in Soft Peach to the apples of the cheeks in sweeping circular motion towards the hairline.
- Using AIRpod Blush in Clementine, apply to the lips for an impactful pop of color.
- To finish the look, apply a sheer dusting of Invisible Difference Power in Shade One to the surface of the skin.
PRO TIP: Talia used S/B Hi-Def in Yellow and Blue on alternating models for a winged cat-eye look that was both bold with just the right amount of playfulness.
We took a break from the tents, along with celebs like Jenny McCarthy and Carmen Electra, for a little beautifying at Panasonic‘s Beauty Bar!
Hosted at Salon SCK the Beauty Bar was a hot spot for celebs and some of our favorite fashion bloggers (we may have teared up a little when we saw we had just missed Rach Parcell of Pink Peonies). Stylists used Panasonic nanoe™ Hair Dryer and Flat Iron to style the ladies and its newest line of electric shavers and trimmers to get the gentlemen groomed to perfection. Jamberry Nails provided nail wrap manicures while GIELLA custom blend cosmetics gave makeup applications! It was a great way to break from the fashion for a little bit of beauty and pampering to look and feel runway ready! To check out our fab blowout and some behind the scenes action here at Spafinder Wellness 365, follow us on Instagram!