Stress Awareness Month: Top Beauty Tips & Tricks to De-Stress Your Skin
- Published: Thursday, April 17th 2014
- in Beauty
It’s stress awareness month! Click here for relaxing tips and tricks on fitness, nutrition, mind-body-spirit, and skin care.
There you are, about to embark on one of the biggest events of your life. Your wedding day. Your first management meeting as the person in charge. Your first date with the gorgeous guy you met at Starbucks (okay, so maybe that’s not one of your biggest events ever, but it is for this week). You’ve got the perfect dress, the bouncy blowout, the confident smile…and the dreaded pimple.
Stress can do a number to your complexion, and it doesn’t mind making an appearance no matter the event. And let’s be clear—we can all use a little insight, which is why reached out to Elysian Spa & Health Club at The Waldorf Astoria Chicago. Here are the spa and health club’s tips to keep your complexion stress free.
1. Stay hydrated, drink lots of water “Skin is an organ, its cells are predominantly made up of water,” the spa and health club tells us. “When these cells do not get adequate amounts of water, skin is likely to become dry, flaky, and be more prone to wrinkles.”
2. Use a daily moisturizer to keep skin hydrated and plump.
3. Use SPF every day. “The most important skin-care product available to prevent wrinkles, sun damage, and skin cancer is sunscreen,” it continues.
4. Get at least eight hours of sleep every night. “When you are short on sleep, it shows on your face. Tired skin sags, bags and loses its luster,” Elysian Spa & Health Club adds.