Whether you’re a mom, a student, or a girl about town, one thing’s for certain: You could use a few extra hours in your always-hectic day, especially when it comes to your daily beauty routine. But being strapped for time is no longer a challenge—we’ve had great practice perfecting what we’ve dubbed the “busy girl’s guide to summer beauty” with quick, foolproof products we suggest trying if you’re short on time. We’re going to make this quick. You’re a busy girl, after all.
- St. Tropez Gradual Tan In Shower Lotion: Get your summer glow the safe way—not in the sun, but in the shower. St. Tropez’s new in-shower tan lotion steadily darkens your skin for a sultry tan sans harmful rays. Simply wash, turn the shower off, apply the lotion to wet skin (be sure to wash your palms!), wait a few minutes, then rinse off with warm water. It’s as easy as that, and you’ll feel sun kissed in no time. $25, sttropeztan.com
- Nivea In-Shower Smooth Body Lotion: In a similar fashion, Nivea’s in-shower body lotion—which you also rinse off—quickens your beauty maintenance routine. The in-shower lotion is not as moisturizing as regular Nivea body lotion, but I’m much more prone to slather it on before I step out of the shower. Prices vary; niveausa.com
- Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20: Skip the step of applying foundation and opt for tinted moisturizer instead—the paraben-, sulfate-, and phthalates-free Caudalie Vinoperfect moisturizer covers imperfections and offers SPF 20 protection. $49; us.caudalie.com/
- Fresh Sugar Tulip Tinted Lip Treatment: Even if you do nothing else makeup-wise , any look looks complete with a quick touch of color on your lips. Achieve the perfect hot pink pout with Fresh’s hydrating Sugar Tulip Tinted Lip Treatment, which provides the added benefit of SPF 15. $22.50; fresh.com
- Eyelash extensions: There’s arguably nothing better than a set of eyelash extensions to make your eyes pop and your lashes lush—and yes, while the application process may take awhile, you’ll make up the time every morning when you don’t have to swipe on your mascara. (If you’re short on cash, simply use an eyelash curler—we know everyone says it, but it really does make your eyes appear bigger.)
- Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure™: Maintain your polished look with Sally Hansen’s Complete Salon Manicure™ nail polish. The brand touts the polish’s ability to feature seven benefits of a salon manicure, from base coat and color to top coat and gel shine. It dries almost immediately so you can be on your way and lasts nearly as long (with minimal chipping) as when I get a manicure at the salon. (Plus, cheery names like Hello Pretty and Fi Fo Plum—part of the Complete Salon Manicure™ collection—always make me smile.) Prices vary; sallyhansen.com
- Drybar Triple Sec 3-in-1: Dry shampoo is (or should be) a staple in every busy girl’s arsenal of beauty tools, but the reason we love this particular version is because it not only absorbs oil from greasy roots, but it acts as a volumizer and texturizer to limp locks as well. Plus, it’s packed with UV protection to shield your tresses from harmful rays—ideal for summer. $26; sephora.com
Wellness tip: We know you’re busy, but do note the importance of taking a moment to breathe—when you have time, we recommend reading—and using—these relaxation tips to calm down anywhere, anytime.