Let’s be honest—the best part about a road trip is a) the snacks; and b) the journey itself to get to the destination. Well, okay, the destination itself is pretty great, too, so forget my theory and just go with the fact that road trips are great all around. The wheels are turning in our head, so buckle up—we came up with a few U.S. road trip ideas we love!
1. U.S. Route 1, Florida Keys: Drive along US 1—not too far from the highway, you’ll reach Ocean Key Resort & Spa. Relax sitting-in-the-car aches and pains at SpaTerre, where Balinese- and Thai-inspired treatments use exotic elements like tropical oils and purifying volcanic clays.
2. Blue Ridge Parkway: Get the snacks ready, the tunes blaring and you’ll be at Westglow Resort & Spa in no time. This heavenly retreat, outside the quaint village of Blowing Rock, North Carolina, is minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway.
3. Route 100, Vermont: On the road again… Route 100 will lead you to several outstanding resort spas (not to mention beautiful points of interest along the way!), including Woodstock Inn & Resort in Woodstock, Vermont.
4. Texas Hill Country: Gas up the car and be on your way…Medina’s Escondida awaits in the heart of spectacular Hill Country.
5. Pacific Coast Highway: Cruising down the Pacific Coast Highway is an easy, breezy ride—top it off with a stop at beautiful Montage Laguna Beach; the southern California oasis, complete with Spa Montage, is within close proximity.
6. Hudson Valley, New York: Kick the road trip plans into high gear by heading through Hudson Valley—along the way stop at The Spa at Bear Mountain Inn in Bear Mountain, New York, a 45-minute drive from Manhattan. Set within the Palisades’ Bear Mountain State Park, the spa takes inspiration from the parkland setting, with treatments like the Runner’s Massage and Gentlemen’s Kur.
Need more ideas? Read Top 10 All-American Road Trip Destinations and America’s Scenic Drives: Spas to Stay Along the Way.
Most recent from Travel & Play