Green Spa Network Announces Winners of its Sustainability Awards
Love living the green life, from the products you use to the spas you visit? Check out the 11 spa and product companies that were honored at Green Spa Network’s first-ever Sustainability Awards!
“These 11 different winners have set the standard for leadership and innovation in spa sustainability,” said Deb Berlin, executive director of the Green Spa Network. “These awards are a testament to how a single person or organization can deliver wellness beyond the individual to the community and ultimately the planet.”
Green Spa Network (GSN), a community of more than 100 spa locations and resource partners, announced the winners of its first ever GSN Sustainability Awards this week. The Awards showcased the importance of sustainability leaders that are transforming the industry through groundbreaking activities, comprehensive measures, unique contributions and overall leadership in environmental management, green techniques or sustainability; basically, making the spa industry greater and greener!
Held at the Sunriver Resort in Sunriver, Oregon, (a great place to take in the fall foliage, we must say), the awards highlighted 11 different industry leaders in categories including green building, ecohealthy culinary and more. A panel of industry experts, including Julie Keller, editor in chief of American Spa Magazine, Mary Bemis, co-founder of Organic Spa Magazine, and our very own Sallie Fraenkel, vice president of SpaFinder® Wellness, voted on the victors .
- Green Product Company of the Year – Intelligent Nutrients
- Leadership in Safe Personal Care – Stacy Malkan, Campaign for Safe Cosmetics
- Eco-Healthy Culinary Leadership – Rancho La Puerta
- Paul Moran Green Building Award – Bardessono
- Excellence in Sustainable Programs (Waste Management) – Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa
- Sustainable Day Spa of the Year – Natural Body Spa & Shop
- Holistic Wellness Center of the Year – Travaasa Austin
- Sustainable Resort Spa of the Year – Crystal Mountain Resort
- Corporate Sustainability Leadership – Auberge Resorts
- Lifetime Sustainability Leadership – Robert Zimmer, co-founder of Zimmer Associates International
- Green Spa Network Visionary Leadership – Michael Stusser, Founder, Osmosis Day Spa Sanctuary
Want to know more? Details of the projects and initiatives that were awarded are available at here.