Skip the Super Bowl, Head to the Spa
- Published: Friday, February 4th 2011
- in Travel & Play
For those of you rookies who didn’t realize it was Super Bowl weekend, this post is for you. Get psyched for the big game (it’s the Steelers versus the Packers in case you want to impress those sports-addicted friends with your football smarts) by taking a move out of SpaFinder’s playbook: Visit one of these spas that are offering specials for the non-football fans.
Spa treatments instead of football? We’re game.
- Mohonk Mountain House highlights its Super Sunday Getaway, available February 6 (or to pigskin lovers, the day of Super Bowl XLV), which begins with a brunch, followed by an afternoon of activities including swimming, yoga, or cross-country skiing, a complimentary wine tasting, a four-course dinner, live evening entertainment, and more. If you do happen to want to watch the game (or the greatest commercials of the year), it will be on!
Super rate of $152* per person, per night, based on double occupancy ($170* per night, based on single occupancy). Restrictions apply.
- Tailgate before the game with a trip to the Ritz-Carlton Spa in Dallas, where you’re sure to be a fan of luxurious services dubbed the Quarterback Sports Wrap, First Down Facial and Tight End Body Treatment. The Rookie Package, a 20% spa discount for first-time guests, is available Monday through Thursday until February 28.
Wrap: 50 mins, $175; Facial: 50 mins, $165; Body Treatment: 50 mins, $145
- Stay on the sidelines and retreat to the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort and Spa, located a few hours from Cowboys Stadium in Dallas. The resort’s Escape Super Bowl City Golf Package features one round of golf and one-night accommodations.
Starting at $319 per night (rate code GOF).
- Select Bliss Spas nationwide will host a Super Bowl all-star “spa”-day event this Sunday. On the roster? Complimentary polish changes, personalized beauty coaching, snacks, and retail discounts. There’s also a raffle to win a free sports massage.
Tell us how you’ll spend Super Bowl Sunday!