Top 10 New Treatments & Classes of June
- Published: Tuesday, June 24th 2014
- in Travel & Play
No one wants to be the last to know something, right? That’s why each month, we’re highlighting 10 of the newest treatments and classes on the block, so you can stay in the know about the current happenings in the spa, wellness, and fitness industries.
What’s going on in June? Read on:
- Rhythm and Motion: Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos is keeping in tune with its musical roots, amping up spa treatment offerings by developing a Rhythm and Motion menu that’s “more Zeppelin than Zen.” The playlist includes services such as Synchronicity, Wrap Remix, and Smooth Operator, all of which utilize amplified vibrations, pressures, and patterns.
- Alfresco Services: With the summer season underway, the spa scene is outdoors. Just a few examples: Chatham Bars Inn’s outdoor cabana massage (which uses cooling stone and botanical hydrolats to beat the heat); The Umstead Hotel and Spa’s open-roof coed current pool; the aqua terrace—comprising a hot jetted spa pool with waterfall, an oversized fireplace, and bar—at Mirbeau Inn & Spa; and sunrise yoga at Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain.
- Texas Two-Step Happy Hour: Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas quenches spa-goers’ thirst, with a reinvented happy hour menu to beat the summer heat; the Texas Two-Step Happy Hour allows spa-goers to select two 25-minute mini services—Honey-Magnolia Express Massage; Hot Whiskey Scour; Feet Up, Boots Off; and Head and Hand Treatment—at a discounted price, complemented by a Jalapeno Texas Martini.
- After-Sunset Wellness Offerings: At The Boulders, a Waldorf Astoria Resort, a new night-walking exploration tour showcases the desert’s flora and fauna, geology, and history from a different perspective. Additional nighttime activities include moonlight bicycling; moonlight/sunset yoga; moonlight shaman meditation; moonlight massage; celestial spa dinners/astrological soul readings; stargazing; and constellation iPad rentals.
- Guinot’s Hydradermie Double Ionization: A revamped version of Guinot’s signature Hydradermie treatment, this Double Ionization therapy is said to provide longer-lasting results and a shortened treatment time. Good for all skin types.
- SpaRitual’s 2014 Drift Collection: The brand’s seasonal color collection presents six new lacquers “inspired by a day at the beach,” so you can polish your look and feel summery at the same time.
- Wine-Themed Spa Under the Stars: Omni La Costa Resort’s Spa Under the Stars series, held Thursdays, June 26 to September 4, from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m., features wine-themed spa treatments and sommelier-hosted wine tastings.
- La Quinta Signature Citrus Smash: This signature ritual—which combines a custom-blended Salt of the Earth scrub fashioned from grapefruit, tangerine, and orange blossom essential oils—is one of the new menu highlights from Spa La Quinta at La Quinta Resort & Club, a Waldorf Astoria Resort; others include the Kinks from the Links massage.
- Viceroy Signature Lava Shell Therapy: This 50-minute service at the spa at Viceroy Zihuatanejo, Mexico, utilizes shells from the Pacific Ocean. The most unique aspect? The shells are heated inside using natural ingredients like minerals, sea kelp, algae, and saltwater.
- Cooling Cucumber Body Quench: Just the sound of this treatment at Spa Biltmore at Arizona Biltmore, Phoenix, sounds refreshing! Designed to cool you down from hot summer temps, it merges a mint and aloe exfoliation, custom massage, mineral body wrap, and chilled stone facial massage.