This February, Miraval Arizona will debut its first annual Touched by an Angel, Sisterhood of Survivors Spa Retreat, a ground-breaking, inspirational experience devoted to supporting those who have lost a loved one to suicide and providing a place to heal and grieve both individually and collectively as a group. The four-day special event includes time to connect and share stories, talks and lectures, private consultations, spa services, and spiritual and outdoor activities set against the stunning natural backdrop of Miraval’s 400-acre grounds in northern Tucson. This life-enriching retreat, open to both men and women, will also feature special guest speaker and Grammy Award winner Judy Collins.
A New Beginning
The Touched by an Angel event is largely the creation of Lauren Stone, who lost her mother and best friend, Debbie Simon, to suicide a little over one year ago. Through her profound loss comes an inspiring, remarkable retreat designed to draw survivors together as a collective support system. Touched by an Angel also holds a special place in SpaFinder’s heart, as SpaFinder President Susie Ellis explains in a recent blog post, and together Lauren, SpaFinder, and Miraval have teamed up to bring about this dedicated weekend event.
Date: Thursday, February 3-Sunday, February 6, 2011
Your all-inclusive Miraval stay will include:
- Luxury accommodations in a Deluxe Room.
- Three gourmet meals daily, unlimited snacks, evening hors d’oeuvres and non-alcoholic beverages including smoothies, fresh juices, coffees, and teas.
- Round trip transportation to and from the Tucson International Airport.
- Complete use of resort facilities.
- Unlimited access to Miraval’s daily scheduled programs and classes.
- Participation in all specialty sessions and activities created especially for the Touched by an Angel weekend participants.
- PLUS: A daily US$130 resort credit per person, per night of stay, to be applied toward private consultations or spa services.
US$539* per person, per night – double occupancy in Deluxe Room
US$599* per person, per night – single occupancy in Deluxe Room
*All-inclusive rates of US$539 pp/night double occupancy and US$599 pp/night single occupancy are for the specified group only, for the event weekend of February 3 – 6, 2011 in a Deluxe room category. Higher rates apply for higher room categories. All stays are exclusive of tax and resort amenities fees. Rates are based on availability and date restrictions may apply. Miraval guests must be 18 years of age or older. Advance notice of special offer is required at time of reservation.
To learn more about the retreat or to read a sample itinerary, click here.