Victoria’s Secret Beauty Secrets: Reveal Your Inner Angel
We may not all be supermodels, but that doesn’t mean we can’t steal their beauty secrets!
Smoldering eye makeup, glowy skin, and bombshell hair (and of course, those signature wings) are staples on the Victoria’s Secret runway, and the brand’s recent 2015 fashion show didn’t disappoint. And now you too can get this angel-worthy look just in time for your next holiday party or New Year’s Eve bash: We have step-by-step beauty guides, including one from the fashion show’s makeup lead Dick Page, who helped prep the angels backstage.
From the runway to your holidays, embrace your inner angel—get the look here!
Makeup Step-by-Step by Makeup Artist Dick Page:
- First apply a light-weight foundation to the face. Next dab an eye concealer around the under eye area and blend with a cotton swab. For naturally flushed cheeks, blend red Kryolan Color Supra Greasepaint onto the apples of cheeks and apply a dot along the bridge of the nose.
- On the eyes, apply Shiseido’s Shimmering Eye Cream in Sable to the crease for a refreshing, sun-kissed glow. For show-stopping lashes, apply black mascara to enhance the length or gently apply short false eyelashes from Ardell to the lash line for added drama. Add a touch of highlighter to the inner corner of the eyes and trace with thin black eyeliner to boost the look.
- On lips apply Kryolan’s matte mauve rose tint for a nice base color, followed by a dash of Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Gloss to the center of lips to add sheen and to seal in the look.
Hair Step-by-Step by Celebrity Hair Stylist Sarah Potempa:
- Prep hair with a Victoria’s Secret Mega-Lift Mousse and blow dry up with the Beachwaver Co. Pro Dryer. Loosely blow dry hair to create beautiful volume with a natural part. Bring all hair forward and separate in to the left and right sides. Start by sectioning hair from the bottom up using the Beachwaver Co. Darby Clip.
- Using the Beachwaver® S1, clamp near the ends of your hair, leaving about 1” out at the ends. Then, press the arrow away from your face. The curling iron does all the work for you by rotating in both directions. You control the temperature, the speed and the rotation, so it works on all hair types and textures. Continue to curl up in large 2” sections as you move your way up. Then repeat on the other side.
- Spray Victoria’s Secret Hairspray on the Beachwaver Co. On Set Styling Brush, which is a combination of boar bristle and nylon bristles. Brush out all the waves.
Tip: If you have curly or frizzy hair, try the Beachwaver Co. Mini Touch Up Iron (which was also used on some of the girls backstage the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show).