Corbu Spa & Salon DIY Beauty Recipe: Cranberry & Brown Sugar Seasonal Scrub
- Published: Thursday, October 4th 2012
- in Beauty
With fall in full swing we’re all getting set to make the prerequisite seasonal sides to accompany our holiday feasts. While cranberry sauce is bound to make its way onto many dinner tables in the coming months, these sweet-yet-tart berries can be used as way more than a side dish!
Cranberry oil is a known ingredient in many anti-aging products due to its super antioxidant ability to fight free radicals, the pesky reason for wrinkles! Likewise, they are great for fighting acne due to their anti-bacterial quality. Cranberries can also improve skin elasticity, texture and tone, thanks to their high concentrations of vitamins C, B-3 and B. So next time you head to the market for some cranberries, which are in season beginning in September and through about December, pick up some some extra to make this simple yet luxurious DIY Cranberry and Brown Sugar Seasonal Body Scrub from Corbu Spa & Salon at The Charles Hotel, Boston, Massachusetts.
Corbu Spa’s Cranberry and Brown Sugar Seasonal Body Scrub
1 cup organic cranberries
½ cup brown sugar
2 tbsp mulling spices
½ cup pumpkin flakes
½ cup white sugar
1. Boil cranberries for 3 minutes to soften.
2. Place cranberries and mulling spices into a blender until smooth.
3. Add pumpkin flakes, brown sugar and white sugar. .
4. Use as an at-home exfoliant: Scrub on, wash off and be utterly amazed at how sinfully sweet and soft your skin has become!