Everyone wants a great smile, and dental spas can turn that trip to the dentist into a pleasure. Dental spas offer a variety of cosmetic dentistry procedures in a stress-free, spa-like atmosphere. The extras available (ranging from reflexology to lip rejuvenation), can make your visit to the dentist, more like a treat!
Each year more and more American Dental Association members are declaring themselves dental spas. Before you make your appointment, read 10 Things to Know Before Choosing the Right Dental Spa for You by one of the leaders in the field of cosmetic dentistry, Dr. Maryam Horri, of Brilliant Smile in New York.
Types of Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments:
- Smile makeovers involve a comprehensive assessment of your smile aesthetics and may involve treatments including veneers, implants, and/or teeth whitening.
- Teeth whitening is the most commonly requested cosmetic procedure. More effective and longer lasting than at-home treatments, whitening done by a dentist involves bleaching, sometimes accompanied by treatment with a special light that further activates the bleaching solution.
- Veneers are composite or porcelain laminates that are adhesively bonded to the surface of a tooth to correct and repair chips and cracks and improve a worn appearance or tooth discoloration.
- Inlays are made from porcelain or composite materials and provide a filling to teeth with tooth decay or other damage. They are created before being fitted and adhesively bonded into place.
- Bonding repairs chipped, broken, discolored or decayed teeth. A composite material is applied into the cavity or onto the surface of a tooth and then molded into shape and hardened with a high-intensity light.
- Implants are artificial tooth root replacements to compensate for tooth loss.
Extra Touches and Treatment Offerings at Dental Spas May Include:
- Injectables like Botox®, Juvéderm as well as collagen fillers for lip rejuvenation
- Paraffin Hand Wax
- Foot massage
- Relaxing Water Fountains
- Juice Bar
- Movie & Music Library
- Massage chair or vibrating chair
- Hot & cold towels
- IV sedation for phobic patients
- Laser hair removal
- Cellulite treatments
Visit the “spa services” tab on each dental spas overview page to learn more about the treatments available, to make the trip to the dentist a delight.