How-Tuesday: DIY Candy Cane Bath Salts Recipe
- Published: Tuesday, December 25th 2012
- in Beauty
We hope everyone is enjoying an amazing day with friends and family, and we’re sure you all are ready to put your feet up and unwind now that the stress of the season is over.
What better way to treat yourself than bringing the spa to you? Thanks to Erika Katz, beauty expert and author of Bonding Over Beauty, we’ve got a sweet treat to share!
Whether you want to give this as a gift or keep it for yourself, this Candy Cane Bath Salts recipe is sure to please!
Candy Cane Bath Salts
2 cups Epsom salts
1 cup sea salt
4 or 5 drops peppermint essential oil
4 or 5 drops red food coloring
1 apothecary jar
- In a bowl, combine salts and oil.
- Spoon out half into another bowl; stir in food coloring until salt turns red.
- Scoop a layer of white salt into jar. Smooth along in a diagonal line, then repeat with red salt until jar is full and looks like a candy cane.
- Tie on a scooper—you’ll use about ¼ cup per bath—with a ribbon, if desired.
You might also like:
Attention, Party Animals: Your Guide to Hiding a Holiday Hangover
Holiday Gift Guide for Everyone on Your List
Editors’ Picks: Our Favorite Beauty & Wellness Products of 2012
Think Inside the Box this Holiday Season: SpaFinder Wellness Gift Boxes
Deck the Halls: Holiday Spa Treatments