Joan Lunden’s Spa Camp is a Dream Come True for Her and for Us!
A few months ago Joan Lunden, of Good Morning America fame, visited us here at our SpaFinder offices with some of her staff. We were to learn about her summer “spa camp” for women and she would be learning a bit more about SpaFinder. It turned out to be a great match with a lot of synergy. In particular I thought her yearly “spa camp,” that she herself holds for four days and three nights each August in Maine, was a great opportunity for the women of our large spa enthusiast audience.
While I thought most people know of Joan Lunden (she was on ABC TV hosting Good Morning America for 17 years), a friend of mine suggested that there is an entire generation who wouldn’t necessarily know her and that not everyone watched ABC in the mornings. So I decided that at the end of this blog post, I will include some of her bio information. It certainly is impressive.
But most importantly – I wanted to communicate a bit about her spa camp called “Camp Reveille” and let people know that it is actually still possible to make a reservation. Joan herself joins all the women campers for a variety of experiences, which all contribute to people going home looking and feeling fabulous! This is the third year she is running Camp Reveille.
It is very reasonably priced which makes me think it will probably be sold out pretty soon. The entire experience includes luxury camp style lodging (and it is luxury), all meals, and all activities you would like to participate in. You can join fitness classes, sporting events, hikes, craft sessions, or just choose to relax and read a book. And who could resist the Murad Facial treatments and scrumptious s’mores around the campfire? The whole experience is about $899 for all four days.
Joan is a real health advocate; she has written numerous books on healthy cooking and balanced living, has starred in her own workout video, and has raised seven kids. Yes, you did read that number correctly, she has seven (two sets of twins)! And as you can see from the photo above, she is still as attractive as ever – and she turns 60 next year!
This is what she says on the camp’s website, “take a break from your busy schedule and come away with us for a chance to be energized, be inspired, and enjoy some guilt-free “me time.”
It might be one of the best spa experiences out there because it was designed by someone who loves spas herself and who really understands a woman’s role – Joan Lunden.
Now, as promised….some Joan Lunden bio information:
- Born September, 1950 and became an American television personality
- Co-hosted ABC’s Good Morning America (1980 – 1997) with David Harman and then later with Charlie Gibson.
- Named by Entertainment Weekly national viewer poll “television’s favorite morning anchor”
- She reported from 26 countries, covered four presidents, five Olympic Games, and two royal weddings.
- Hosted DirectTV’s series Hometown Heroes and the Emmy-winning special America’s Invisible Children.
- She is the face of Murad’s skincare line, Resurgence.
- Is on the board of PassportMD, an online personal health record system
- Had three daughters with first husband, Michael A. Krauss
- Had four children (2 sets of boy/girl twins) with second husband Jeff Konigsberg
- Books she has written:
If you wish to be put on a list that automatically sends my blog posts to your email, just let email@example.com know and she will add you to that list. Thanks so much!