Lowering my C-Reactive Protein score at Canyon Ranch Spa
- Published: Tuesday, July 3rd 2007
- in Living Well
So, here are the seven ways to lower your C-Reactive Protein (CRP) scores and, therefore, relax your immune system for better health.
1. Breathing – Not breathing properly stresses your immune system.
2. Eating – Large meals stresses the immune system. You are better off eating smaller meals more frequently. Eat fish for omega 3 which is critical for immune system health.
3. Most people need more fiber – You get most of your fiber from beans, whole grains, nuts and seeds. Some also from fruits and vegetable.
4. Sleep – This is when our immune system relaxes. We need to learn to sleep well which includes relaxing before bedtime – not doing emails or watching the world’s negative news.
5. Exercise – The best exercise to relax the immune system is a surprise. It is dancing! Apparently the rhythmic movement is of great benefit.
6. Vitamin L – That would be love. A deep emotional connection with someone, something, nature, etc. Since our immune systems are listening to our mood, fears, anger or despair, this will affect our immune system’s response.
7. Sooth the immune system. – Use massage and also take a multivitamin before your larger meals to help process the food and soothe the immune system.
All seems very useful. I need to work on all of these to some extent.