Medical Spas: So Much More than Botox
- Published: Friday, March 20th 2015
- in Living Well
Quick question: What’s the first thing that comes to mind at the mention of medical spa? For many, it’s Botox, maybe laser hair removal, chemical peels coming in at a close third. But as society transcends into a more wellness-savvy world, many med-spas are offering more than injectables on their menus. Think certified nutritionists on staff, natural alternatives to weight loss, and more…here’s just a sampling of the unexpected services one can book at a number of medical spas.
- Neuroscope technology, developed for use in cranial electrotherapy stimulation in treatments for stress headaches, migraines, addiction, and depression, is offered at Tres Belle MediSpa, as a “welcome complement” to the spa’s beauty services.
- Microccurent is also available at Tres Belle MediSpa, as well as properties such as Renew Medi Spa; the non-invasive, anti-aging technology is praised for its ability to help boost collagen and elastin production, sculpt the face, and “re-train” muscles underneath the skin to smooth wrinkles.
- Ajuva Medical Spa boasts an impressive staff lineup that includes registered dieticians and a board-certified OBGYN.
- Weight loss experts and nutritionists are on staff at locations like Hilton Head Health. In addition to nutritionists, Green Mountain at Fox Run has behavioral therapists and exercise physiologists available to guests. SHA Wellness Clinic even offers its own modern take on the ancient principles of macrobiotics—dubbed the “SHA Diet” to rebalance and heal the body.
- Guests of Ananda in the Himalayas have access to an on-site Ayurvedic doctor.
- At Miami Beach’s Carillon Hotel & Spa, a team of physicians and wellness professionals help execute offerings, including a four-night executive health program; comprehensive weight, stress, and healthy living packages; and mini two-night experiences focused on a specific aim (detoxification, mindfulness, bone health, spiritual, etc.) for guests short on time.
- Checkups, internal and general medicine, surgery, anesthesiology, paramedical services, and radiology are among the broad medical options at Clinique La Prairie, which comes equipped with a full doctor and nursing staff.
For additional medical spa services, visit spafinder.com.