A Tsar-Style Spa in Russia
- Published: Thursday, March 8th 2007
- in Living Well
On my recent trip to Russia, I visited an interesting day spa in St. Petersburg called Beauty Palace Madam Grand. One of the first stand-alone day spas in Russia, it opened just a year ago. Here are the features I found unique:
- The décor is over-the-top luxury, tsar-style opulence, and dripping in gold.
- Despite its name, it is for men and women.
- The owner makes money even if there are only five guests a day.
- Their relaxation area includes a bar and has a “smoking section.”
- The state-of-the art equipment includes a Vichy/steam/sauna/hydrotherapy capsule.
Although the website is in Russian, the photos give you the gist. I was impressed with the owner, who previously ran a hair salon in St. Petersburg. She epitomizes the new entrepreneurial spirit in Russia!