Colder weather often has us yearning for the comforts of home – bulky blankets, a cozy fire, and some serious eats. Amanda Turner, Registered Dietitian for Curves International, Inc. has provided 3 Curves Complete recipes that offer healthy alternatives for common comfort foods. Lighten up some of your go-to comfort foods with the recipes below and be sure to share some of your favorites in the comments!
8 oz. ground turkey
8 oz. black beans (cooked)
8 oz. corn
½ cup salsa
2/3 cup bread crumbs
2 whole eggs
12 oz. green beans (fresh)
½o oz. taco seasoning
14 oz. Enchilada Sauce
8 oz. ground chicken
1. Preheat oven to 400. Spray a 8×4 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Drain and rinse beans.
2. In a large bowl, mix together meat, beans, corn, salsa, taco seasoning, bread crumbs, and egg whites
3. Place mixture into a loaf shape in the baking dish and pour half of the enchilada sauce over the loaf.
4. Bake for 45 minutes.
5. Pour the remaining sauce over the loaf and return to the oven until the meat is cooked through- about 10-15 more minutes. Meanwhile, steam green beans.
6. Slice and serve with free veggies! Pour sauce from pan over the loaf.
Beef Stroganoff with Green Beans
¼ cup egg noodles (dry)
1 teaspoon flour
1 tablespoon water
2 tablespoons sour cream (light)
¼ cup cream of chicken reduced sodium soup
½ medium onion
¼ cup mushrooms
Garlic powder to taste
Black pepper to taste
4 oz. sirloin steak
1 cup green beans (fresh)
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add egg noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain egg noodles.
2. Dissolve flour in water. Stir in sour cream and cream of chicken soup.
3. Warm a nonstick skillet over medium heat and add onions, mushrooms, garlic powder and pepper to taste. When the onions soften, add sliced sirloin and cook until just browned. Pour the soup mixture over the steak and vegetables, and cook until hot and bubbly.
3. Place a steamer insert in a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Cover and bring water to a boil. Place green beans in steamer insert and cover. Steam for about 5 minutes or until tender.
4. Serve mixture over egg noodles with steamed green beans on the side.
Barbecue Chicken Pizza
3 oz. chicken breast(s)
2 tablespoons barbeque sauce
1 oz. grated parmesan
¾ red onion
1 tablespoon cilantro (fresh)
1 whole FlatOut Wrap (90 calories)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grill chicken to desired degree of doneness. Set aside for 5 minutes. Once chicken has cooled slightly, toss chicken with 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce; set aside.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Place wrap on foil. Spread 2 T barbeque sauce evenly on wrap. Top with red onion, chicken, and cheese.
3. Bake in oven for about 12 minutes or until crust is crispy. Top with freshly chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
Chef’s tip- for a crispier crust, place wrap directly onto oven rack!
Most recent from Nutrition