Boost Your Breakfast: Delicious Breakfast Recipes from Honestly Healthy
Eating healthy is all in the planning. It’s too easy to pick up a sugar-laden caramel latte and find your eye lingering on that perky little almond croissant, sweetly calling your name and collapsing your willpower. Once in a while, it’s great to indulge in foods that bring you joy. But I’ve personally found that it’s an easy habit to fall into, “treating yourself” to such disastrous breakfasts a few times a week – and let’s face it, these calorie-bombs will only make your body feel terrible later in the day.
Healthy breakfasts are super-easy to make and thank goodness for Honestly Healthy for showing us just how simple it is to create nutrient-packed, delicious meals that will make you look and feel great. If you love these recipes, be sure to pick up Honestly Healthy’s brand-new cookbook: Honestly Healthy For Life. It is full of tips on eating the alkaline way, with over 100 recipes.
Here are two fantastic breakfast recipes to try. Make the Blueberry & Courgette muffins on a Sunday evening and you’ll have a healthy treat for the rest of the week. If you’re short on time, Honestly Healthy’s Green Smoothie Bowl is very quick to whip up in the morning and run out the door. And as for that almond croissant? You may just find that after a few weeks of eating an alkaline diet, you don’t even want it anymore.
Blueberry & Courgette Muffins
- ¾ cup ground almonds
- ⅔ cup rice flour
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown rice milk
- 3/8 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup agave
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 courgette, grated
- 1 cup blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 350°C
- In a bowl put the ground almonds, rice flour, buckwheat flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, and Himalayan salt and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and add the brown rice milk then whisk in the melted coconut oil, agave, vanilla essence, and mix together until combined, then mix in the grated courgette and blueberries.
- Next, pour in the wet ingredients into the mixed dry flours and mix until combined.
- Put muffin cases into the tin and spoon in the mixture almost to the tops of the muffin cases.
- Put into the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool in the muffin tin and then transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely before eating.
Green Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup of water
- ⅔ cup chopped fennel
- 1 spring of mint
- 1/2 a large banana
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 ripe nectarine
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 1 teaspoon golden linseeds
- Sprinkling of muesli
All you need to do to is mix the fruit, greens, and chia seeds and water in a high speed blender until really smooth. Pour into a bowl and sprinkle over your choice of toppings.
About Honestly Healthy: Honestly Healthy are the UK’s leading alkaline diet experts. With a website packed full of impressive recipes, a brand-new cookbook: Honestly Healthy For Life, a popular Fridge Food Delivery Service (for amazing meals delivered straight to your door), plus cooking classes, Honestly Healthy is an excellent resource for those interested in transforming their diet and staying inspired. Read our interview with co-founder Natasha Corrett on how to start changing your diet today.