I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for this DIY Dairy-Free Ice Cream Recipe
With the “Dog Days” of summer here with a vengeance there’s nothing better than a cool treat, preferably of the frozen variety! Make your own guilt-free ice cream at home (without an ice cream maker) using this easy recipe!
What You’ll Need:
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or any non-dairy milk of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or a drizzle of maple syrup or honey)
- a few blueberries (or strawberries, mango, basically any fruit you desire!)
- a dash of vanilla extract (optional)
- 3 ziplock bags (quart sized)
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 5 tablespoons salt
- a towel or a glove
- a little elbow grease
What You’ll Do:
1. Double up two of the ziplock baggies and place into and fold over a small cup (this makes it easier to pour in the ingredients).
2. Pour in the milk, sugar, fruit, and vanilla and seal both bags, making sure to get out all of the air.
3. Fill the third ziplock bag with the salt and ice, place the milk mixture into the iced bag and once again seal, making sure to get out the air.
4. Cover the bag with a towel or put on a glove to protect your hands from the cold and then put on a few fast beats in the kitchen because for the next 5-10 minutes you’re going to need to shake it!
5. After 10 minutes you will have a delicious, frozen treat! Pour into a small bowl and enjoy!