Heart Health Week: Spinach Salad with Homemade Balsamic Dressing
Part two of our Heart Health and Blood Pressure recipe series is this fabulous Spinach Salad with a homemade Balsamic Dressing! This salad is the perfect starter to any meal. It’s easy to put together and takes just a few minutes.
What you’ll need:
1 bunch of fresh spinach
1 apricot or fruit of choice
Sprinkle of feta cheese
Sprinkle of crushed walnuts
3 tablespoons olive oil
1-2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper
1/8 teaspoon brown mustard
What you’ll do:
1. Put desired amount of spinach for salad into a bowl (approximately one handful).
2. Cut the apricot, or fruit of choice, into slices and add to the spinach.
3. Sprinkle feta cheese and walnuts on top.
4. In a separate bowl, add olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and mustard.
5. Mix ingredients together and drizzle a small amount of dressing on top of the salad.
Play with Your food!
Use strawberries as your fruit.
Use a different vinegar such as red wine vinegar.
Add some minced garlic to the dress