Mandarin Oriental Miami Celebrates Earth Month with Help from Honeybees
There’s a lot of buzz about Mandarin Oriental’s global sustainability initiatives and its commitment to a healthy planet. And much of the buzz (we can’t resist the pun) is because from April 22 to 25, this luxury spa resort is offering specially created honey-based amenities for guests, made from honey sourced from its beehive colonies on Mandarin’s rooftop in Miami.
More About Mandarin Oriental Miami’s Bee Buzz
Mandarin Oriental Miami’s 210,000+ bees are busy creating honey-based treats and treatments for guests, including these sweet offerings.
• The Spa at Mandarin Oriental Miami is offering two calming treatments incorporating the freshly harvested honey: a Milk and Honey Manicure & Pedicure, for a gentle yet hydrating treatment for your hands and feet, and the Milk and Honey Tranquil Delight, which features a full-body milk and honey scrub, followed by a back, neck and shoulder massage. In a word, divine.
• La Mar by Gaston Acurio is serving an Earth Month celebration dinner on April 22 with acclaimed Peruvian chefs Francesca Ferreyros and Diego Muñoz. The menu will include a Bougainvillea Mousse dessert with lemon crème and Peruvian amaranth, garnished with the hotel’s organic honey.
• MO Bar & Lounge will offer the refreshing Bees Knees cocktail, made from gin, lemon, and organic honey.
• In addition, Mandarin Oriental, Miami is installing new hives for each of the seven bee colonies on its roof. Happy bees – yummy honey!
Luxury, Wellness and A Commitment to the Planet
Mandarin Oriental Miami brings Asian luxury and serenity to the happening South Florida scene. Located on Brickell Key along the shores of Biscayne Bay, the waterfront property is situated on a private island and boasts an exclusive stretch of waterfront, an infinity-edge pool, a holistic-inspired menu, chic guest rooms, a gorgeous Spa with 18 private treatment rooms and a full-service fitness center.
Mandarin Oriental also recognizes that wellness means a healthy earth and a healthy community. The brand is committed to working with charitable organizations, including Voices for Children and the Ronald McDonald House. The dedicated staff also takes part in quarterly beach clean-ups and visits to The Everglades Outpost, a refuge for local wildlife where animals can be nursed back to health and, when possible, returned to their habitat.
The Global Sustainability Initiatives of Mandarin Oriental
You can learn more about Mandarin Oriental’s global sustainability initiatives here. The wellness team at Mandarin Oriental Miami has implemented green measures across the hotel to align with Mandarin’s group-wide policy of eliminating single-use plastic by March 2021, such as:
• The introduction of an on-site water filtration system to replace and reduce plastic bottles • Switching to disposable food containers and removing plastic straws.
Acting with Responsibility
The Mandarin Oriental is committed to “Acting with Responsibility.” When you visit this acclaimed spa and wellness resort, we think you’ll see the difference responsibility makes. And after your wellness getaway, you’ll feel even better knowing that your visit was more sustainable.