8 Tips For Making the Most of Your Haircut
Fabian Lliguin, well-known hair stylist and founder of Ecoagents and Rauha organic hair products, shared his top 8 tips on how to make the most of your next hair appointment.
- Do your research; find a reputable salon with an excellent training program.
- If your budget allows, make an appointment with the head stylist.
- Go au naturale. Come in with your hair dry and in its natural state. This helps the stylist see your “true hair” (wavy, straight, etc.) and best determine the cut.
- Be prompt! Arriving on time allows for a full consultation prior to the shampoo and cut. If you show up late, frequently you’re rushed straight to a sink.
- Don’t be shy, ask the stylist questions during your consultation. Some top q’s to keep in mind – is my hair suited for this cut or style, will this be easy to maintain, how will the natural hair growth process affect the look?
- Do your homework. If you have a specific cut or style in mind bring it with you. We may have some tips to alter it for your face or hair-type, but it gives us a jumping off point to insure you’re happy with the end result.
- Practice makes perfect. Ask your stylist for a tutorial during the blowout process so you can replicate at home. Pay attention to the products used, and feel free to ask if there is a less expensive version that does the same. Sometimes salons have certain products they are required to push.
- Relax and enjoy. This time should be all about getting away and pampering yourself.
“Ecoagents is a nonprofit organization created to defend and protect the Amazon Rainforest, its people and ancient culture from damage, pollution, and further destruction.” Ecoagents was founded in 1999, when Fabian Lliguin began conducting educational work with indigenous communities in Ecuador- province of Napo, deep in the Amazon Rainforest along the Curaray River.”