Head-to-Toe Holiday Glam Guide
From prepping at home to primping at the spa, we’ve got your complete head-to-toe guide for getting glammed and groomed for the holidays.
Long or short, curly or straight, for many, hair is their crowning glory. Get your locks looking luscious for the holidays with these three steps:
- Pump up your strands—after all ladies, the higher the hair the closer to heaven! A set we love is rahua® Voluminous Shampoo and Conditioner. These 100-percent organic suds are safe for colored hair and create some serious body, bounce and shine. To prep your hair for styling use rahua’s Omega 9 Hair Mask, which, like the shampoo and conditioner, uses quinoa protein to strengthen and protect your strands.
- Book an appointment at your favorite salon for a superstar-worthy blowout.
- Into at-home hair care? You’ll want to invest in a killer curling iron. One we’re loving right now is the Amika 4p Interchangeable Barrel Curler. Depending on the size of the curl you desire, from beachy to bombshell, you can change up the barrel size.
Nothing says holiday glam quite like a bold lip and amazing eyes. Get a flawless face with these three tricks:
- Start fresh! Book a facial at a local spa to get a smooth canvas for being a social butterfly this season.
- Once you’re perfectly prepped, keep it up at home! One of our newest go-to skincare regimens is Om Aroma & Co., an organic spa here in NYC that carries its own skincare line. The Om To Go travel kit lasts for nearly a month and will have you hooked.
- Now it’s time to get GLAM! You can book a makeup application appointment at a spa or salon near you, or you can use three products we refuse to leave home without this season: Merle Norman Pro Pen Eyeliner (finally, a flawless cat eye with the flick of the wrist!) and Jane Iredale Triple Pearl Powder (for an iridescent glow) and Just Kissed Plumper in Venice (a wine-stained pout without the hangover!)
Sinfully Smooth Skin
‘Tis the season for dry skin—banish it to holidays past with three simple ways to get soft, smooth skin:
- A scrub, wrap and massage appointment is a great way to unwind and rid your body of toxins and dry skin.
- To get sinfully smooth at home, check out these great holiday-edition products from LUSH we cannot live without! The Midnight Massage Bar is a great gift for couples—just melt the Salvador Dali-shaped clock bar between your hands and melt the stress away! For bath time, lather up with both the Twilight Shower Gel (a soothing lavender aroma) and the Father Christmas Bath Bomb (a Santa-shaped bath bomb, which fills your bath with spicy clove bud oil, vanilla absolute and a dash of brandy).
- Follow up with a decadent body butter like SpaRitual Infinitely Loving Body Butter in Chinese Jasmine—which I personally cannot live without!
What holiday celebration is complete without a festive mani/pedi? Right, none! Get yours with these two tips:
- The easiest and most effective way to get a great (and relaxing) mani/pedi is to book one at your favorite spa or salon. Check out one of our partners near you to get perfectly polished.
- For at-home deck-the-hall digits, we recommend using Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips. You can put them on in a pinch, completely foolproof, with no dry time. Best of all, the holiday collection comes with five different patterns, including personal favorites, Checkin It Twice (a holiday houndstooth) and Shiny New Year (a pink glitter ombré—very on trend!)
Still in need of some holiday gifts, too? Check out these last-minute gifts.
You might also like:
The Ways of the Maya: New Moon Trims for Faster Hair Growth
Think Inside the Box this Holiday Season: SpaFinder Wellness Gift Boxes
Dry Skin Gets the Brush-Off: National Healthy Skin Month
Deck the Halls: Holiday Spa Treatments