Insider’s Guide to 2015 Trends: My Fitness. My Tribe. My Life.
- Published: Tuesday, May 19th 2015
- in Fitness
Fitness has become far more than just a workout—it’s become a way of life. As our Spafinder Wellness 365™ Global Spa & Wellness Trends Report states, fitness has become the “third place” after home and work to establish health, happiness, and connection. More than a fad, fitness is now emerging as a global cultural shift in how people live.
Here are just a few examples of workouts that are bringing social fitness mainstream:
- The dance club-type atmosphere of Morning Gloryville revs up exercisers in the a.m. (you can even show up in pajamas if you’d like). There are currently 23 locations worldwide (stateside, there are venues in NYC and San Francisco).
- Workout brands like Soulcycle emphasize empowerment and community between fitness fans; membership models allow cyclists to find community at dozens of locations nationwide, even while traveling.
- Wanderlust Festivals, held in awe-inspiring natural settings worldwide, marries yoga instructors, meditation experts, musicians, speakers, artists, and chefs with meditation and yoga classes of all styles and levels. Wanderlust 108 events, aka “mindful triathlons,” incorporate a 5K run, outdoor yoga, and guided meditation.
- New Balance Girls Night Out: The athletic footwear company recently held a multi-city Girls Night Out event; other future endeavors include “Shake It Up” in NYC (May 20, 6:30 p.m.) at the New Balance Experience Store on Fifth Avenue. The event includes a 3.6-mile run or dance-inspired workout, followed by healthy cocktails, a beauty bar, and DJ-spun music.