5 Curves-Approved No-Gym Workouts
I think many of us can agree, this winter has been tough, and with snow still in the forecast for many of us, getting to the gym isn’t always possible. Thankfully, Katie Mitchell, Director of Fitness for Curves International, Inc., shared 5 ways to incorporate the Curves Circuit exercises into everyday activity, for when we’re snowed in or when we just don’t have the time to get to the gym!
1. Take advantage of winter chores, even if it’s cold outside. Typically women let their hubby do all the work shoveling snow and stacking firewood. This year, lend a helping hand, or even surprise him and do it yourself! Shoveling snow for 30 minutes can burn over 220 calories and stacking firewood can do the same.
2. If the weather is forcing you to stay inside the house – get some house chores done. Lunge while you vacuum.
3. Take multiple trips from your room to the laundry room (this is even better if you have to go up and down stairs).
4. Do some intervals up and down stairs – walk up and down your stairs for 1 minute, then walk around the house for 2 minutes, and continue repeating for 15 to 20 minutes. While watching television take advantage of the advertisements! During commercial breaks walk laps around the living room – to increase the challenge do squats or lunges during the break.
5. To work your core, hold a plank for 30 seconds, then rest for 30 seconds, and repeat for the commercial break.