I’m going to let you in on a little secret. I absolutely adore packing. I mean, think about it—when you pack, you’re either preparing to go on an amazing adventure (yes, business trips do count), or you’re getting ready to be on your way back home, which is fab in its own right.
What do I always have with me during my travels? Whether globe-trotting or simply heading to mom’s house, my packing list includes the six following essentials:
- Tissue paper: I picked up this tip from Tory Burch–if you wrap your clothes in tissue paper, they are less likely to wrinkle.
- Josie Maran Bear Naked Wipes (josiemarancosmetics.com; $12): We’ve all been there—we end up feeling a bit too lazy or relaxed while on vacation, or we’ve gone back to our hotel room exhausted after a day of business meetings and formal dinners, and, horror of horrors, we don’t always wash our face before bed(!). With these Naked Wipes, there’s no excuse: I swipe one gently across my face and immediately feel clean and fresh (plus, I won’t destroy the hotel pillow).
- Nike Free 1.0 Cross Bionic training shoe (nike.com; $95): Packing exercise gear is vital to maintaining my workout routine while traveling—these sneakers are lightweight; ideal, especially, if I’m just bringing a carry-on bag.
- Mini resistance band: Complementing my sneakers is a stretchy exercise band. I toss a travel friendly-sized band in my bag so I can do a few repetitions first thing in the a.m. or right before bed. (You can buy these anywhere from amazon.com to sporting goods stores.)
- Kate Spade New York “Brilliant” Nappa Leather Flat (nordstrom.com; $398): I find these flats comfortable enough to wear throughout the day and dressy enough to wear for an evening out.
- I’ve learned travel can wreak havoc on my skin, so I calm it by slipping Kate Somerville’s Daily Deflector Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ (katesomerville.com; $48) into my suitcase.