Family First: Keeping the Peace during the Holiday Season
Between the baking, the decorating, the shopping, and the partying, ’tis the season for holiday overload. But before you get über-stressed and find yourself one step closer to becoming Scrooge’s first cousin, remember that the holidays are a time to focus on family. (And, yes, we realize family can be a cause of stress at times, but in the spirit of thanks and giving, try your best to remain sane.) If you stay relaxed and grateful (rather than grouchy), then all the other details will fall in to place.
So to help keep the peace within yourself and your household, try these six wellbeing tips from Penny Kriel, spa director at Salamander Resort & Spa in Middleburg, Virginia. We love these ideas to help ourselves and the fam stay thankful and merry all season long!
1. Minimize treats containing refined sugars for the kids. It aids in making them overactive and overstimulated.
2. Plan simple fun activities in your area, including play dates, holiday crafts, and cookie baking.
3. Take downtime for yourself with a relaxing, aromatherapy bath.
4. Participate in a “mommy and me” yoga class at your local yoga studio.
5. Finish your holiday shopping early and get it done while the kids are in school.
6. Offer a foot massage to your partner at the end of the day.