Recipe: Easy Baked Apples with Carmel Sauce
Recipe: Easy Baked Apples with Carmel SauceCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Baked apples are a simple and delicious desert that is perfect for casual dinners or family feasts. This recipe is topped with a dab of caramel sauce for added yumminess.
4 Apples – Cored
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
¾ cup of light brown sugar
1/3 cup half-and-half or whole milk
2 to 3 tbsp. butter
¾ to 1 tbsp. pure vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Core four large baking apples without removing the bottom layer. Rome Beauty or Golden Delicious varieties are a good choice
- Combine ¼ cup brown sugar with 1 tsp. cinnamon and ¼ tsp. of nutmeg and spoon mixture into apples. You can also skip the sugar.
- Add chopped walnuts or pecans for added protein
- Add ½ to ¾ cup of boiling water to a glass baking dish and add the apples
- Bake 30 to 45 minutes until apples are cooked through
- Caramel Sauce
- Mix and stir sugar, milk and butter over low heat until the mixture thickens (5 to 7 minutes). Serve small amount of the warm sauce over baked apples.
- Note: Calories are per serving and do not include caramel sauce or optional nuts.