Healthy Chocolate Caramel Apples on a Stick Recipe
Healthy Chocolate Caramel Apples on a Stick RecipeCourse: DessertCuisine: americanDifficulty: Easy
Kids (and adults) love apples on a stick. Use the caramel sauce recipe for the coating and dip in dark chocolate for added vitamins. Remember, when you serve your guests a desert made with apples, you’re serving them a healthy helping of vitamins and fiber.
CARAMEL SAUCE Ingredients
¾ cup of light brown sugar
1/3 cup half-and-half or whole milk
2 to 3 tbsp. butter
¾ to 1 tbsp. pure vanilla
- CARAMEL SAUCE
- Mix and stir sugar, milk and butter over low heat until the mixture thickens (5 to 7 minutes).
- Bring caramel sauce to a boil and cook over low heat until temperature is 325 degrees on a candy thermometer. Sauce will thicken and begin to caramelize
- Remove from heat and add one tsp. vanilla and stir
- Place craft sticks in 10 to 12 small apples
- Dip apples in mixture and coat evenly
- Place apples on rack or waxed paper to cool and drizzle with melted dark chocolate
- Calories are per serving.