Giveaway Alert: Win Skincare by Alana’s 5 to Survive Holiday Picks
Skincare by Alana was started by esthetician and California day spa owner Alana Mitchell in 2005 out of a desire to sort through new skincare and cosmetic products and be a source to purchase ones that are trusted and tested by Alana herself. Known for her “5 to Survive” lists, Alana has created her holiday edition of five must-have products to survive the season, and “glam up your look and have you looking radiant and beautiful all winter long,” she says.
Well, we’ve put these five beauty and skincare products to the test and reviewed them here. Best of all, Skincare by Alana will be sending a lucky SpaFinder® Wellness reader a full set of all FIVE products for FREE! Check out the rules down below!
The Holiday Edition “5 to Survive” includes:
1. Youngblood Pressed Eye Shadow Quad in Eternity – This quad contains four complimentary shadow shades that make eyes pop! Youngblood uses natural minerals to create its smooth, long-wearing hues. The mirrored compact is perfect to throw in your purse and the palette includes a combo of matte, pearl and shimmery finishes in natural browns and rose gold colors. You can sweep them on dry for a subtle look or add a little water with the application for a deeper pigment.
Our take: Definitely a must-have for the holidays and beyond – the perfect palette for work and play!
2. Divaderme Lash Extender – A product that claims to be the answer for longer, healthier and more voluminous lashes. Lash Extender is meant to be used along with your favorite mascara; you swipe on a coat of your favorite brand, then roll Lash Extender along the ends of your lashes and seal it with another coat of mascara.
Our take: Totally works to make lashes luscious and longer looking. However, Lash Extender comes with a little brush for a reason – the little fibers don’t just land on your lashes, so after my first try, I looked as though I was growing little tiny black hairs all around my eyes (HORROR!). I would recommend using Lash Extender first, then wiping away excess fibers and going on with your makeup routine.
3. Eminence Organics Bright Skin Masque – “Nature’s answer to your uneven complexion,” Eminence Organics Bright Skin Masque tackles hyperpigmentation, dark spots and discoloration.
Our take: Long before we received our sample from Skincare by Alana, this bright skin masque was a must-have in our skincare arsenal. It truly brightens skin and gives a radiant complexion, which we all know is the best canvas for holiday glam.
4. Glo Minerals Super Star Gloss in Brown Sugar – A blend of vitamins A, C and E, green tea extract, sunflower oil and safflower seed oil give high shine without the sticky lip gloss feeling.
Our take: A great shade for all skin tones and perfect for adding fullness to your pout. I love to layer it over a nude lipstick to add a little extra sparkle and shine.
5. Rhonda Allison Aloe Matte Moisturizer – A premier moisturizer for the cold winter months. Great for problematic skin, thanks to its ability to balance excess oil while supplying needed moisture.
Our take: While I have dry skin and prefer creamier moisturizers made for my skin type – I did love the matte finish of this hydrating Rhonda Allison blend.
Ok, now for the good stuff! Want to win all five of Alana’s Holiday Edition 5 to Survive products? Here’s what you have to do:
- Head on over to Facebook and like SpaFinder®Wellness and Skincare by Alana
- Then head back to this post and let us know in the comments below what your holiday survival must-haves are! (we’ll be picking our fave answer.)
- The contest will run until 5pm on Thursday, December 20, and the winner will be notified the following day.
Note: Skincare by Alana will be providing the prize for the winner. Must be a U.S. resident.