Recipe: Your Basic Base Dressing for Salads, Bruschetta and More
Your Basic Base for Herbed DressingsCourse: SaladsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Herbs can easily be incorporated into this salad dressing. Switch it up each time you make it. This is your “basic” base, so use it again and again with various combinations of herbs you have on hand.
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Brown mustard to reach a consistency you prefer.
- Mix all of the ingredients together. This is your base. You can jazz it up if you like.
- Add herbs or spices as you find fit for your taste (oregano, garlic, cayenne etc.)
- You may want to add a bit of honey.
- Try a flavored balsamic vinegar.
- Make a larger quantity and store in the refrigerator. Let it come to room temperature and mix before using.
- Calories are per serving
- Photo by Joanna Kosinska on Unsplash