6 Of The Most Beautiful Locations For Yoga
- Published: Thursday, July 7th 2016
- in Fitness
Yoga can help people live a happier and healthier life, and scientific research shows the benefits of doing yoga include helping to fight insomnia, depression, anxiety, arthritis, back pain, blood pressure and even more—that’s quite a list. Because the wellness travel trend continues to soar, resorts are offering more unique yoga classes and healthful retreats. From Vermont to Mexico, these six resorts host the most spectacular setting to get your Namaste on.
1. Four Seasons Resort, Punta Mita, Mexico: One of our favorite yoga views is found at the Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita. “Tail of the Whale” yoga takes place at the edge of the 3B hole on the property’s golf course, with breathtaking views overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The natural soundtrack of breaking waves and the gentle fresh salt air inspire guests physically and mentally. All instructors at the resort are bilingual and experts in the practice of yoga flow.
2. Keystone Lodge and Spa, Keystone, Colorado: There’s nothing more Zen than taking a yoga class overlooking Colorado’s majestic Rocky Mountains. Take a scenic gondola ride to the top of Dercum Mountain while enjoying breathtaking views of the 10 Mile Mountain Range. Join Keystone’s certified yoga instructor in a discussion of the benefits of stretching and yoga prior to an hour-long class. This unforgettable experience will refresh and rejuvenate your spirit and physical wellbeing. After yoga, enjoy a healthful lunch and a refreshing juice before heading back down via the gondola.
3. Amanyara, Turks and Caicos: Yoga in Turks and Caicos just sounds heavenly, especially at Amanyara. From August 2–12, Amanyara hosts an Alignment and Movement retreat led by lifestyle, fitness and wellness experts Toby Maguire and Trayl Aitken-Cade—it’s a mindful approach to achieving a healthy body. The five-, seven- or 10-night retreats include full board accommodations and a comprehensive itinerary with Toby and Trayl featuring detox yoga and more.
4. Twin Farms, Vermont: The only five-star resort in Vermont that offers on-site yoga; their Body & Soul Wellness Weekend takes place NOW! July 8 – 10. Join highly acclaimed artist Kelsey Montague, skincare guru Tata Harper and yoga master Katy Ann Leadbetter. A variety of yoga and meditation classes will be taught by Katy. Guests can take both individual yoga sessions and group classes, including guided relaxation, yogassage (yoga/massage combo), yoga nidra (deep sleep) and guided meditation and breathing for rejuvenating the mind. This weekend will take guests through new and innovative ways of mediation such as Mindful Coloring in partnership with artist Kelsey Montague and trendy Cold Press Juice Cocktail mixology classes.
5. Esperanza, An Auberge Resort, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico: Esperanza offers classes for all levels in one of our favorite surroundings. The resort hosts a candlelight yoga class on Thursdays and sunrise yoga each Saturday at 7 a.m. on the resort’s private beach. This early-morning yoga class is an energizing way to start your day, using breath, body and mind while listening to and viewing the crashing, beautiful waves.
6. Carlisle Bay, Antigua: Beginning your stay with the sunset yoga class on the resort’s Jetty at Carlisle Bay in Antigua is a fabulous way to unwind on this quiet Caribbean island. The resort offers daily yoga activities. Guests can practice their sun salutations during morning yoga classes on the white sandy beach or at the shaded yoga pavilion surrounded by lush palms.