Living Your Yoga: Detox Mind, Body & Soul Through Yoga
- Published: Wednesday, March 20th 2013
- in Fitness
The practice of yoga is highly effective for detoxifying our body, mind, and soul.
On a physical level, it aids the lymphatic system as it moves the energy throughout the body and gets the lymphs pumping to all avenues of elimination. Yoga, combined with healing salt baths and other supporting detoxification treatments, helps move toxins.
On an emotional level, yoga allows us to be in a “witness state,” accessing our emotions more deeply and enabling us to let go and let flow. Old or suppressed emotions can rise to the surface more easily without all the coverings of daily life.
On a spiritual level, yoga also enhances our prana or life force allowing the body’s natural intelligence to direct the flow of energy toward healing rather than our own mind recommending various postures. The flow of yoga naturally brings us into a clear and quiet mind as we enter meditation.
At Fivelements, we believe in living your yoga, which can be done through embracing the ancient wisdoms and living a dharmic lifestyle; this includes everything from the asanas to organic raw vegan foods, annual fasting, sufficient sleep, spending more time to connect with nature, and creating sacred space for yourself and your loved ones – all of this is key to promoting a happy, vibrant life.
Here are some words of wisdom on “living your yoga:”
- Embodying the spiritual in everyday life. Yoga is about connecting and uniting with the sacred or divine. Daily meditation and yoga helps us expand ourselves and embody spirit.
- Applying what we learn in the philosophy of yoga and the asanas to the various situations in our daily lives. During our busy days, we live many different roles, from parent to spouse to friend, colleague, partner, etc., and applying the teachings of yoga can help us tremendously in erasing the barriers of our varying roles and responsibilities, and creating a more balanced, harmonious, and happy life.
- Practicing to live and living to practice. Our dedication is paramount for any realization of yoga. Practicing the asanas supports us in experiencing wholeness through integration of body, mind, and spirit. Our practice is the consistent willingness to be open to life and all of its joy and pain. To practice is to pay attention to our whole life, including our thoughts, speech, and action, and align these with our values.
- Cultivate awareness. Through our continual learnings, application, and practice of yoga, new awareness may often come about, allowing us to more easily surrender our attachments and live in a more “awakened” state.
Love all, serve all. Love is an expression of the divine. To experience love and share love through service or helping others is perhaps the most direct path to experiencing yoga. Living in harmony brings us closer to spirit.
* * * * *
Fivelements invites you to experience a new healing journey through the mystic culture of Bali with a special offer.
Tri Kaya Parisudha Retreat: A healing journey for detoxification and transformation
Fivelements, Puri Ahimsa, recognizes that optimal wellness comes from learning to love and respect the body, mind, and spirit, where health and wellbeing are a reflection of inner harmony.
Fivelements Tri Kaya Parisudha Retreat is its signature cleansing program inspired by the ancient Balinese philosophy, which includes living with purity of thought, speech, and action. It encourages us to align our heartfelt goodwill and thinking with consistent speech and action.
The retreat includes traditional Balinese healing therapies aimed to detoxify and purify the physical body, sekala, and the non-physical mind and soul, niskala, unifying body and mind towards a natural harmonious state of being, and allowing an organic healing process to unfold.
With your needs in mind, Fivelements will collaborate with you to nurture a new healing path, combining:
- Balinese Healing Rituals for purification, balancing & regeneration
- Living Foods for detoxification, nutrition & vitality
- Sacred Arts for inner strength, integrity & dedication
Retreats are available in 7-, 10- & 14-nights stays. Book now thru May 15, 2013 and receive a 20% discount from published rate. Get the details on this special.
You might also like:
Fitness Cheat Sheet: Aerial Yoga
Float Tanks 101: Feeling Like a Baby in Outer Space
3 Ways Quiet Can Foster Fulfillment
Connect with Nature: Jeff Corwin on Connecting to Your Wild Side in America’s Own Backyard
2013 Wellness Trend: Mindfulness Massage